Position Vacant: Operations Supervisor
The Operations Supervisor plays a critical leadership role at the Daintree Discovery Centre (DDC), ensuring a world-class tourism experience is consistently delivered to our customers. The position is a multi-faceted role requiring exceptional customer service and a high degree of flexibility and ingenuity.
While focusing on staff management, development and supervision to achieve service delivery standards, the position is also responsible for the effective management of the Centre’s infrastructure and assets, maintaining operational readiness and providing a safe, accommodating and attractive facility.
Applicants must show:-
Proven ability to lead, inspire, manage and direct a customer service focused team within WH&S, HR and Workplace Policy frameworks.
Significant knowledge of the tourism and hospitality industry and the ability to maintain a professional standard of service delivery.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and develop relationships across a broad demographic.
Proven ability to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
Proven emotional resilience and emotional intelligence required to effectively manage difficult customers and resolve conflict within the workplace.
Excellent knowledge of WH&S principles with a proven ability to develop implement and review procedural and policy documents required to meet both WH&S and operational requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent customer service experience applied at a management level.
- Proven experience developing, retaining and managing skilled staff.
- Open “C” class drivers license.
- Long term commitment
- Covid 19 vaccination
- WTMA Tour guiding experience and/or sound knowledge of the Daintree Rainforest
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Maintenance skills including Level 1 Chain Saw Ticket, and /or an understanding of general maintenance and exhibit care, including fish, reptiles & bugs.
- Sound experience developing and implementing WH&S and asset management systems
- Knowledge of Word & Excel
To apply, please send your RESUME + COVER LETTER to email@example.com