GROUP EVENTS & GUIDED TOURS
WE TAILOR TO YOUR NEEDS
The Daintree Discovery Centre has been hosting specialised groups for more than 30 years. This can range from junior school students right through to international scientists. Qualified staff conduct pre-booked group tours (minimum 10 people through the Daintree Discovery Centre. The Centre is renowned for its excellent boardwalk tours and expert tour guides.
PRIVATE GUIDED GROUP TOURS
To ensure the Daintree Discovery Centre experience is top quality, the maximum numbers per guide is 20 people.
The Centre has the capacity to cater for group of 100+ at any given time and still provide an unforgettable rainforest experience.
With the appropriate notice, experienced staff will design a unique program of events to suit your specific needs – and in particular, the needs of specialty groups visiting the Daintree Rainforest.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU VISIT FOR
Group visits vary according to the needs, interests and time constraints of those involved. While the average commercial tour group tends to spend approximately one hour at the Centre, the time varies enormously. For instance, those who want to focus on the Canopy Tower might spend as little as 30 to 40 minutes, while other special interest groups, international students or visiting research personnel often prefer to spend the whole day exploring various aspects of the rainforest.
RESEARCH STUDY BASE
The Centre has also been involved in a successful exchange program with US College students who use the Discovery Centre as their study base while in the Daintree area.
Such groups often spend a week or more at a time – interacting with visitors to the region, gathering rainforest data and generally tapping into the wealth of expertise available from the staff and management of the Discovery Centre.
The Discovery Centre can cater for your group booking. There is a selection of sandwiches, cakes, slices, muffins, tea and coffee, cold drinks available depending on your group’s requirements and personal dietary needs.
OPTIONS FOR GROUP TOURS
Most tour groups tend to choose one of the following options. However, such choices are flexible and can be tailored to suit the needs of your particular group.
- Option 1: Our ‘Standard Service ‘for regular commercial clients and charter groups includes morning/afternoon tea followed by a comprehensive and highly entertaining guided tour of the Aerial Walkway, Cassowary Circuit, Bush Tucker Trail or the Canopy Tower. Such groups also have full use of all interpretive facilities, theatre and the Display Centre.
- Option 2: A deluxe morning/afternoon tea service is also available to regular commercial clients and specialty charter groups. This service includes the use of our boutique cafe area and the provision of a more úp-arket morning/afternoon tea followed by our comprehensive and entertaining guided tour. Such groups also have full use of all interpretive facilities, theatre and the Display Centre.
- Option 3: A self-guided tour of the Centre conducted by your own guide/coach captain and full use of all interpretive facilities, theatre and the Display Centre. We can provide morning/afternoon tea, or alternatively you may choose to provide your own refreshments.
- Option 4: Any of the above with a 68-page interpretive guide book provided at cost.
- Option 5: Entry only – visitors buy their own refreshments and interpretive booklet if they wish.
Leave your pets at home; take any rubbish out with you; don’t feed the wildlife and don’t pollute the water.
Enjoy yourself and leave nothing but footsteps and take nothing but photographs!
Wet Tropics Management Authority
The Centre’s facilities are also available for study groups, seminars, workshops, meetings and nocturnal studies.
For prices and further information please contact our friendly team on
Phone: 61 7 4098 9171